Thursday, February 5, 2009

Obstacle Course

Howdy! Today here in LOVELY Montgomery, AL, we worked on the high ropes challenge course(it is high up in the air, and you use safety cables), then we climbed(or attempted to) on a 40 foot climbing wall, then we climbed all the way to the top of the tower. The fun really started there. We were secured into our safety ropes by cables, then we had to walk out 20 feet on a log, touch the end log, then turn around and walk back to the tower, hopefully without touching our support ropes or falling(the ropes catch you). It is amazing how nerve racking that can be, even if you KNOW that the ropes will catch you. Some of my flight mates were petrified at various times, and I have to admit I had some moments as well; I kept repeating the "10 finger prayer", as Pastor Lindberg calls it(Phil 4:13), and it really helped. I really believe I had some divine helpers keeping my balance with me up there(I am not the most graceful person in the world). Thank you for all your prayers, they have been felt here. We have 8 more days until graduation, and I cannot wait to see my family, and get a nights sleep in MY bed! See you all soon!

1 comment: