Monday, January 19, 2009

INTO THE BLUE

Howdy y'all! Believe it or not, we do get some down time here at officer training, although not much. This first week has been very challenging, including learning to march, learning protocols, how to speak to superiors, and the Military way of doing things. I think the hardest thing, by FAR, is being away from my family. Thankfully, I have been able to call home several times this week, if only for a few minutes each time. We were able to attend chapel Sunday, and there are several different types of services here on base. Several of us attended the "contemporary" service, and most of the praise songs were ones I knew. It made sense afterwards...the Chaplain is an AG minister. The biggest thing I am struggling with currently is my voice. Standing out in the cold all week has wreaked havoc on my throat. God willing, I will start to get my voice back this week. Please keep my Flight mates and me in your prayers, because we are learning to depend our great nation one profession at a time!

1 comment:

  1. It's great to hear from you....I will definitely keep y'all in my prayers....

    ReplyDelete